AfroRomance

Apr 06, 2011
review #230984

AfromRomance is Filled with FAKES.DON'T GO THERE.

I thought at first it was a great idea for getting your preference and it could have been. Don't look for honest reviews out there, most of them are fakes too. So I have to warn anyone thinking of this site that, as with the recent lawsuits invloving Match.com, this site employs BAIT and TRAP methods. Meaning that they site purposely leaved handsome fakes to lure you into joining.

It seemed to me that 3/4 of the male profiles (I cannot speak for the female) are FAKES. It got so that I could predict that any handsome man that flirted with me would never answer a with a response of any kind.

Most used questionable english and very brief answers as though they were scared to slip up,which leads me to suspect they are the much heard of Nigerian Scam Artists responsible for more than half all the fraudulent internet accounts.These sites will eventually kill internet dating if someone doesn't put a stop to this practice.

afdd5ef
Had an experience with AfroRomance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Nov 24, 2013

HOW DO I DELETE MY PRIFILE I HATE THIS SITE :(

Skye

Jun 30, 2013 Dallas, Texas

The site is worthless. My biggest complaints is that no matter how many times you set your preferences so those you don't want to hear from are filtered, I KEEP getting loads of messages from blacks every single day. It is an interracial site, as a black woman, why then would I be there if I wanted to hear from other blacks? No literally had to adjust my preferences every single day. After about 4 months, I left and went back to match. More white men and when you set your filter settings, they say. Worthless site, monthly payment not worth the options, a bunch of illiterate black men hitting on you every day and a bunch of old flabby white men to choose from. Not to mention the many, many fake profiles (Ive been contacted by guys talking about they are overseas at work and need money to come back to "be with me", guys saying they are single only to find out they are married and looking for a mistress, etc.) LAME!

2 0 Reply
Beauty

Jan 21

I can't imagine why any man, black or white, would be interested in someone like you. You are clearly a self-hating and ignorant woman. Just because a site is interracial doesn't mean you MUST only date people of different ethnicity. My preference is a particular type of Caucasian man, but that doesn't mean I HATE black men. I've NEVER had any problems with my filter, which is set to white men only, nor have I had any problem meeting attractive, successful men. In fact I'm returning to the site after a three-year relationship with someone I met there. With your attitude, I don't think you'll ever find anyone.

0 1 Reply
Hellrazor

Jan 21

^^from Nigeria.

Mee

Dec 30, 2012 Colorado City, Colorado

Well I have been on AR for about 3 years now. I am a mixed female for wt. guy fyi. And it does seem as though most "people" are bots or something, and I have come across what probably were foreign scam artists. And I haven't had much action at all. I believe I had 2 dates and 4 possibles out of all this time:( it sort of made me feel worse, uninspired about dating or meeting anyone at all. So I finally wised up and quit paying. I get on every once in a while hoping to get lucky.
Oh yeah, I am still single:( ;)

Tulip10

Mar 21 Fairfax, Virginia

I agree. I just closed my account tonight. I'd suspected the website had scammers but I only received responses back from the.
The signs again were= broken english. Very short and defensive responses
It also left me feeling uninspired. I've just decided to focus on my life and raising my daughter. That is certainly no site to meet a future match. It worries me when the above review states having met someone on the site , dated for three years and now returning to the site..that even sounds depressing..:(

1 0 Reply
vinolin1

May 28

How do u close ur account on afroromance

0 0 Reply
Afroromance is the great site!

May 29, 2012

This site is a great site. With every site you will get a few people who will join and try and spoil it for the others, but most people on there a sincerely looking for a special some is my view. Afroromace is an honest and fair site. One monthly fee with unlimited use for that month. It's not like Anistatia date and charmdate which ask you for money each email or contact which in my view is not very fair and does not make sense.

coco175

Apr 26, 2012

I can honestly say that I have talked to some really nice guys on here but have been talking to one now for 7 months and I'm pleased. :)

after7

Sep 19, 2011

RIP OFF company, I set my account to NO AUTO REBILLING and somehow it was set back to auto rebill!and they charged me 19.95 3 times on one day! They are crooks you cant even get them on the phone try to call their customer service number 1 866 7218 they have you on hold forever

Aug 19, 2011

You cant blame the site for that. Ive had plenty of success on the site. Even was engaged. You just gotta use common sense

Lena

Jul 25, 2011

Ive also been there for a month or so. Just screen and choose carefully. Dont send anyone money or accept IM's from overseas, Meet sooner rather than later, watch for egregious misspellings.

Trust your instincts. ;)

PAS99

Jul 19, 2011

I joined this site 5 weeks ago and have met and spoken to several nice men. I have yet to be contacted by anyone who was not legitimately looking to date. I am very happy with this site.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about AfroRomance.
Filing a new complaint about
×